Drawing with Ricky: Perspective, Landscapes & More * 8 Mondays 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM * October 30 - December 18, 2023.
Ages: Adults (Ages 16+)
Dates: 8 Mondays, October 30, November 6, 13, 20 & 27, and December 4, 11 & 18, 2023.
Time: 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Materials: Students are responsible for their own materials. The full materials list is included below.
Location: Ricky Schaede Art Studio, 5 First St Unit 3A, Orangeville Ontario L9W 1E1
Instructor: Ricky Schaede
(please note the image pictured here is not an example of the drawings we will be creating in this class)
In this 8-week series, students will learn in-depth about perspective drawing and landscape drawing with artist instructor Ricky Schaede. The class will involve many quick drawing exercises and warmups of various subject matter, lessons in perspective, and a long drawing of a landscape done over 3 classes where we will learn how to create atmospheric perspective, buildings in the landscape and more. Learn how to accurately draw, shade, create textures and more. In the final 2 classes, students will create a drawing with subject matter of their choosing with 1 on 1 guidance from Ricky. This course is excellent for beginner to intermediate level drawing students, and is a great way to ensure 3 hours of drawing time every week! Even if you've never drawn before, you'll be amazed at what you can create with Ricky's guidance. Join us!
1. In class 1 we will do quick drawings to build drawing skills and confidence. We will draw a variety of subject matter with a duration of time frames ie.5 min, 10 min, 20 min.
2. In class 2 we will do a deep dive into perspective, exploring one point, two point and three point perspective, and doing a variety of exercises to understand objects in 3d space.
3. In class 3, we will do a number of ‘quick drawing’ exercises of subjects that utilize the perspective knowledge we gained in class 2.
4. In class 4, we will begin a beautiful detailed graphite drawing of a landscape with a building, learning about perspective but also atmospheric perspective and principles of landscapes.
5. Continuing our Landscape.
6. Continuing our Landscape.
7. Students create a drawing with subject matter of their own choice, and I will encourage subjects that require an understanding of perspective to execute.
8. Continuing our self directed drawings.
Every student will need:
A Sketchbook 8x10 or 9x12, the higher quality paper the better.
Sketching pencil set (2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B. Most pencil sets you buy in an art store will have a good range of pencils so as long as you have some light pencils 2H, 4H and some dark pencils like 2B and 6B you’ll be good!)
Paper Blending Stump
Optional Items: (these items aren’t required but they are useful and a great addition to your materials kit!)
Tombow Mono Zero Fine Point Eraser
Soft paintbrush for sweeping away eraser shavings